Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
If you could only add more stars for their rating. We were on the highway when brakes were acting strange. Called triple AAA when we got of the highway. They recommended Beiler's Auto Repair as one of there approved auto repair shops. We pulled in unannounced 2:30 P.M. and left 5:00 P.M. Both front brakes replaced and L.O.F. Thanks to Danny Beiler and his team.
We most definitely would recommend Beiler's Auto. Superior service from 1500 miles away. A car issue was identified, while we were back up north. Through conversations with the Beiler team, our car was towed to their shop, problem identified, fixed and the car was returned to our garage by the owner and the manager. Out standing service and communication.
Fast, fair and friendly! I stopped by Beiler's Auto Repair when I was driving through town in a rush and read their Google reviews. So glad I did, these guys are above amazing and welcoming! I was helped as soon as I walked in and was back on the road within 20 minutes. Ladies, I know sometimes it's a scary task to get your car looked at on your own, but Beiler's is seriously the place to go!!! Super trustworthy and honest! Danny took care of me and my 2007 Lincoln MKX while I got to hang out in the unique and retro waiting area. He was so professional and kind. The attention to detail and customer experience really makes this place stand out. If you are looking for an auto shop in Sarasota, you are in good hands here. Thank you thank you Danny!! 100/100
Work done on time as stated. They never try the addons to boost their biz. I have been taking all of cars there for 20 years and won't take them anywhere else, even for oil changes or replacing a battery. Our 2020 Acura RDX has been there for every service as needed and for a fraction of what the dealer would charge. I have also taken our Nissan 350 Z there, our Nissan Altima and the 2003 GMC Envoy that has 188,000 miles on it. Thanks Danny and crew! Regards,
I was informed prior to any work of the costs to trouble shoot the electrical system including the battery. Later that day I was advised the problem was the battery and its cost of replacement. The personnel were technically very knowledgeable, professional and courteous. I will use them again and highly recommend Beiler's Auto Repair.